I feel a little like a Swiss army knife. Not because I can pull a third arm out of my side, nor lift my right leg over my head and lock it into place behind my ear. BUT! because my dear blogging bud IT (Island Traveler) has awarded me my very own VERSATILITY AWARD! Huzzah!!
The rules of ‘The Versy’ require I reveal 7 unknown facts about myself.
1) I love Matryoshka dolls. I only have a few of them, but I recently bought myself a little present. (and since this present was on ‘clearance’ for $2.99 I didn’t hesitate.)
Matryosh Keys! They’re soft plastic caps for the tops of my car keys. Blue for the hubs car and red for mine. We didn’t NEED them, but each time I see them they make me smile. (And isn’t that worth at least $2.99?)
2) I like the chew of brown rice, but the look of it reminds me of bed bugs.
3) I had a savings account at Beneficial Savings Bank as a child. I have no idea how much money I kept in the account (likely very little) but I lost my passbook and never went back to claim my money. I harbor secret hopes that a check will one day arrive in the mail with my accrued savings. And then I will be RICH.
4) I collect my chickens’ feathers and keep them in vases/jars around the house.
5) I get so much spam on my recipe site (the other Daily Dish) it makes me want to spit flames and burn hair off the heads of every spammer on the face of the planet. Even when I’m avoiding the computer, I still must weed through these awful messages on my iPhone. In a single day I can get as many as several hundred. I know every person must earn a living but spammers SUCK.
6) I’ve been listening to the radio a lot lately because of my younger daughter. She insists on ‘The Q.’ I don’t know if you like Top 40 radio or not, but me neither. I mean, some of the stuff’s okay, I like that one song where the guy talks about shooting people with fancy sneakers, but other than that.. Pffft, no thanks. There’s something SICK about hearing your 7 (almost-8) year old sing about having a menage a trois last friday night. Even when I know she didn’t go out and was in bed by 9 pm, just the thought causes me to shudder. What happened to hanging w/ Elmo, Katy Perry?
7) I love my dog to bits, but living w/ a Rottweiler puppy is akin to having a hungry, super smart & emotionally needy goat glued to your side. She just won’t let me out of her sight. Except when she want to SNEAK AWAY. The dog figured out if she butted the back door a certain way it’d make the latch fly off and she could help herself to the great outdoors. So periodically I’ll look around and say, “Where’s Roxy?” only to find she’s been gone for Lord knows how long, roaming the neighborhood. Which wouldn’t be so bad, except she’s not fixed. So I spent roughly 1 mos of this past summer out in the yard, yelling ROOOOXXXYYYYY!! COOOME!! While hoping Roxy was not doing that at all.
SO. There’s my 7 fascinating facts. The rules of ‘The Versy’ next state that I must pass the award onto 5 other bloggers. If you are not named below you may be mad and relieved. I am sorry and you are welcome. And the winners are..
The Tesserae. Tammy blogs about everything imaginable, from homeschooling her tween son to music, food, family and (my favorite) her art.
The Simple Life of a Country Wife. Feel like life’s a bunch of crap? Lovely photographs and beautiful prose await you at the farm.
Unapologetically Mundane. Irreverently funny and unabashedly direct, Katie glorifies AND makes fun of life in NYC. I love her blog and so do my kids!
Critics in My Kitchen. Looking for a laugh? A new idea for dinner? Some cute doodles? This Philly blogger’s all that and a bag of chips.
Refrigerator Magnate. Spilled Ink Guy (aka, Inky) is a frequent commenter on both my blogs. But in addition he’s also AN AMAZING ARTIST. All caps.
SO. there you have it. The Versy! Thanks so much again, IT!